Going to the gym can be tedious if you see no results after a couple of gruelling and sweaty months. We all should look after our body and health, but fitness isn’t just lifting weights and doing exercises. It’s actually about finding the right workout combination which, alongside proper diet, will have the best effect possible on your physique. Women, in particular, are usually concerned about their curves and figure, so if you’re looking for a way to shape those hips and legs, you’ve come to the right place.
No pain, no gain?
Yes, there is truth to the fact that you have to put a certain stress on your muscles to stimulate growth, while burning fat in the process, but doing excessive harm to your body will get you nowhere. First and foremost, you have to learn how to do any exercise properly, otherwise chances of injury can skyrocket. There are some regular workouts that could actually have the opposite effect, so it’s important to consult yourself with a personal trainer (or any other professional) first to learn what suits your body and pace
Make it fun
Before you embark on this journey, a sound mind-set is key in accomplishing your goals. Exercises are beneficial for our development – it increases our metabolism (thus maintaining our normal body weight), improves our mood, reduces stress and anxiety, and even minimizes the consequences of ageing. While you’re doing your body justice, you might as well have fun in the process. It’s supposed to be an entertaining experience for you; just like when kids love playing, running, and jumping outside. Remember, in your case, it’s all just a cultivated version of a good time.
Now, girls, a lot of you probably want to improve this area in particular, so you seek solutions that will give you instantaneous results. Bear in mind that nothing can happen overnight. A little devotion, patience, and perseverance will go a long way. There was a personal trainer of mine in Dubai who assembled a genius set of exercises that helped me put things into perspective – how should I workout and how much? In short, four to five days of cardio with three 10-minute sessions per week, got me slimming down and looking good.
Set of Exercises
- A ‘standing side kick’ is done with feet hip-width apart and hands on hips. You slowly extend the right/left leg to the side at the height of your hip in 3 full counts. Just make sure to keep your inner thigh parallel to the floor.
- ‘Hip raise’ is when you lie face up with bent knees, feet flat on the floor, and you slowly lift your hips off the ground and then extend one leg while pointing your toes in front of you.
- ‘Leg Raise’ is done by getting on all fours and lifting your leg out to the side with knees bent at 90 degrees while the inner thigh faces the floor.
- When you ‘side jump’, you hop from a standing position about 3 feet to the side and land on your foot with a slightly bent knee as you bring your other foot down to the floor.
- Finally, a ‘travelling squat-kick’ is when you kick your leg in an arc across the front of your body, then bring your foot to the floor in a squat and use your other foot to come to a stand.
Don’t ever forget the basics. Eating, breathing, and stretching are essential to a healthy workout and keeping your body safe before and after your session. Work on your technique, because it affects your natural posture (and never use too much weight). Do everything in accordance with your bio-mechanical status. Schedule the best exercises for you and strive to achieve great results from your workouts. Before you know it, your hips and the rest of your body will look fantastic!